Monday, January 14, 2008

Favorite Number Project

The other day Patti (or pg as I like to call her) posted an interesting photo project that I wanted to take part in. In fact, for some reason I really got into it. The idea is to think of your favorite number and then take a photo of it. From the outset I kind of imagined this as a collage, so that's what I did. The number 14 has been my favorite number since I was about 5. That's when I started playing soccer, and the number that was on my very first soccer jersey was 14. I think that may have just been a random selection. All throughout my years of playing various sports I never changed that number. 14 it was.

I took all of these photos this weekend! To make this version of the collage all of the photos were cropped automatically to be square, so some of them got cropped in ways that I might not necessarily have chosen if I was doing the cropping. When I figure out how to do collages in Photoshop (and when I'm not so tired) I may do another version.




P.S. - I had to republish this today because I just realized that today is the 14th!

6 Comments:

Blogger paintergirlFLA said...

whoo hoo! How cool-a MONTAGE! The montage...(sorry, marathon Python)

I'm so glad you did this. I'm amazed at all the 14's you found. You did a great job. I like the hot pink 14 the best.

1/13/2008 9:40 PM  
Blogger JC said...

One of the area codes here is 214, which I thought would help me get a bunch of 14s, but actually only 2 of the photos in the collage are from the area code. And the hot pink was total serendipity. I parked my car to take a photo of a sign, and when I was getting back in my car I saw the spray painted numbers on the street!

1/13/2008 10:18 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

it looks great :)

1/14/2008 3:29 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

lol This is pretty cool. I actually like how they are cropped!!

1/14/2008 9:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the middle picture, how the 1 helps to form the 4 in the picture to the left of it! Very creative indeed, JC!

1/14/2008 2:31 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks everyone!

b - I hadn't noticed that before you mentioned it. I didn't plan it that way but I like the way that part turned out.

1/14/2008 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home