Wednesday, January 02, 2008

At Least I Won't Have Time To Be Bored

The supervisor for my upcoming internship at the public library sent me a proposed work schedule for this spring. This internship is going to be tougher than I thought. To get all my hours in I am going to have to work 2 or 3 nights a week most weeks and some 6 hour Saturdays. Boo hoo, I guess. I knew it was going to be a big time commitment since I have a full time job. It'll be worth it, but it's making me reconsider trying to finish up this spring. I have a few more days to decide.

Ugh, my USB flash drive went belly up. I took it to Arizona and it was fine when I got back because I had saved a few of the photos I took in San Diego on it and I was able to get them copied over to my computer. The next day, Boom! When I plug it in the computer says it's not formatted. I downloaded this free disk recovery software but all it pulled off of there was text files. Luckily I don't think anything too major was on there, a lot of the files had been copied to my computer's hard drive. I'll keep futzing with it but I won't pay a lot of money for a recovery service or software.
Tomorrow it's back to the dentist to get my permanent crown. Yippee!! At least there shouldn't be any drilling involved.

My mom's Christmas cactus was blooming while I was visiting.




Sunset 12/24/07

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger paintergirlFLA said...

wowie, you'd be so busy. You'd be done though. It's a bit to consider, but I bet you'd really enjoy being at the library.

Sorry about the com-pu-tor. That is never fun. And good luck with the tooth stuff.

I love Christmas cacti. Mine has given me intermittent ones this year.

1/03/2008 8:26 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

JC - sounds like you have a big comittment....but you'll be done!!!!

You are starting off 2008 by taking care of business! Good for you. Sorry to hear about your computer....darn things.

I too, love Christmas cactus! I had a white one for 15 years. It died some years back but it was so beautiful. It actually bloomed at Christmas & Easter. Such beautiful blooms on them. One of my favorites.

1/03/2008 5:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am glad to hear that your time will be taken up with responsible items so you wont be tempted to hijack busses, train dancing penguins or beat up Nina Garcia on Project Runway.

1/05/2008 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home