Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Hermit

I don't know what's wrong with me. Every weekend lately it seems like I don't want to get out of bed and I don't want to leave the house. This morning I had to force myself to get out of bed at 10:15. Maybe I'm depressed. Or maybe I'm just getting old. Or maybe there's nothing wrong at all. It just seems kind of weird. Who knows?

It looks like I was able to recover most of the files from my fried USB drive. Somehow the boot sector got corrupted. It wasn't easy, I tried every free piece of software known to man. I got one to work, but when I tried to copy a bunch of the files all at once to my hard drive the program got hung up so I shut down the computer and then I was never able to get that software to pull anything from the USB drive again. I ended up buying a recovery program for about $30 that worked like a charm the first time. The only bad part is that the filenames were lost so I'm having to look at each file to figure out what it is, which is pretty slow going. Oh well, it gives me something to do while I'm shut in my house.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger weddingproject-us said...

It is winter and there is that tedency to be hermit like. Hey you got your files back, that's good. I think something similar happened to us a few years back. With photos, it was pretty insane.

I like the rock pic.

Take a nice walk outside jc.

1/06/2008 8:19 AM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

i agree, it's winter..i'm sure you'll feel better when spring comes :) just don't sleep all the time ;)

1/06/2008 9:36 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I'm glad you recovered your files, even if you have to go through them one by one.

Do you ever have problems with SAD? I have tendencies toward that condition and sometimes this time of year I go all hermit-y too. (It's one reason J and I like to take winter trips to sunnier places when we can. It greatly helps my mental health!!!)

I just wanted to let you know that I gave you a "You Make My Day" award on my blog today. :-)

1/06/2008 9:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HUGS JC! I know what its like to be stuck in a rut, as I'm sure most people do. Sometimes its nice to not have anywhere to go and just be lazy on your time off. You do "sound" a little down though...maybe do something physical outside (advice from my therapist) I always feel better after spending time in the backyard weeding, plus it improves the look of the place somewhat!
I can't remember if you have any pets....if not, I highly recommend getting a dog :) I am in love with my new pooch!

1/06/2008 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JC.. I never left the house today. I was productive but had no thoughts of going outside. Relish this time. It just means that busy-ness is on the horizon. There is no shame in being a bit depressed. In fact(as you may have noticed on my blog)I am battling a little something. I think I need a new cocktail of drugs. You have friends here waiting for you when you decide to get up. Much love from the East. N

1/06/2008 5:48 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks for the encouraging words y'all. I did get outside today and I think it helped some. I still had trouble getting out of bed.

Thanks Deb! I haven't noticed problems with SAD before, but I wouldn't rule it out.

B - I think I might get a dog someday. I love dogs. I'm glad to hear that you love Andy so much!

1/06/2008 8:41 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'm right there with you - only I'm pulling down a 4-year-old with me.

hugs.

1/07/2008 11:06 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Sorry things are blah for you. Surprisingly I feel this way more during the summer than the winter! I love winter months!

Glad you got all your files, I wouldn't know where to begin if something like that happened to my flash drive--let alone my computer!!!

1/09/2008 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home