Thursday, January 10, 2008

No Honey, Your Cake Isn't Creepy.

Did you guys see the story about the bride who had a life-sized wedding cake replica of herself at her wedding? How freakin' weird is that? She was from around here too. Hey, we try to keep it classy! I wonder what part they cut into first? One might be tempted to cut off the head, but you never know - seeing one's head cut off even in cake form might be rather unpleasant. But I mean, c'mon, there really is no good way to go about eating yourself. "Here you go honey, do you want the left breast or the right?" And just think how freaky it would have been if the cake was red velvet! You know the groom was thinking: "Man, I didn't sign up for this shit! This chick is crazy!" Weddings just bring out the good taste in everyone, no?




OK, changing gears a bit. A lot of people ask me what kind of job I want to have after I get out of library school. I guess a lot of people only see little old ladies with buns in their hair when they think of librarians. Maybe my view of the kind of job I want will change after I do my internship, but right now a job like this one sounds really cool to me. I think I would really like working in a museum. I kind of get the feeling that museum jobs aren't easy to come by, though. And for this one I would have to work somewhere else first to get the required experience. It's something to aspire to though!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger weddingproject-us said...

This is not right. In a way I would have loved to have seen this in person. Very surreal.

1/11/2008 7:14 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

LMAO!!! I love that guys expression! And she's in the background like, "what, I look goooooood as a cake!"

That would be a great job to have...for sure something to aspire to! It seems like an unusual job (not in a bad way!) so you may not have a lot of competition when there are openings!

1/11/2008 8:48 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I may never recover from seeing that cake.

Who can I call to make sure you get that job????? I'm not going to get too excited and incite jinxes.

1/11/2008 11:10 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Weird and wrong. Oh so wrong.
Does that job mean that you are looking to leave TX? DC is a really nice place to live.

1/11/2008 11:20 AM  
Blogger paintergirlFLA said...

That would be a rockin job. What about The Met in NYC. I once sold a rare Stephen King to a librarian who worked there. That would be fun to scour ebay looking for rare books. anyway, have a great weekend.

1/11/2008 3:50 PM  
Blogger Amy N. said...

Is it wrong that I cant stop saying WTF?! over and over in my head.

1/12/2008 1:16 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

You know what I thought of with this cake? It's traditional to keep the top of your wedding cake and break it out on your first anniversary... Well, this would be HER HEAD!!!! Yikes! Her head stuck in a freezer... just creepy.

Working for the Smithsonian just sounds prestigious! Something to aspire to in my mind!

1/12/2008 11:59 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Sweet merciful Zeus, that cake is FREAKY!!!! (And that is one of the most ugly wedding dresses I've ever seen, in cake form OR in fabric. Just sayin'...)

Even after reading that job description, I still don't exactly understand what you'd be doing if you got a job like that, but if it sounds good to you then you've got fingers crossed in Kentucky that you find one just like that as soon as you graduate! :-)

1/12/2008 9:29 PM  
Blogger JC said...

wp - I would have killed to be there, just for the freakiness factor.

rb - The groom does look funny. As far as the job I think that there may be lots of competition for that job!

h - There's another one at the National Museum of Natural History!

a - I wouldn't rule out leaving Texas. There's really nothing to keep me here other than inertia. Maybe a change would be good for me.

p - an art museum library would be really cool. One of the other students in my preservation class works at the Kimball Art Museum library in Fort Worth.

amy - no. It's not.

t - I really want to know if this girl has her own head in her freezer!

Deb - I saw a similar comment about the dress on another blog! And thanks!

1/13/2008 9:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. Do you think the cake was chocolate in the middle? Or do you think it tasted like chicken? (not a black joke...but just a reference on how most non-cow meats taste)

1/14/2008 2:34 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I am sorry to come back to this, but I can't stop thinking about it! What is wrong with that woman?? How self-aggrandizing do you have to be to commission a gigantor cake in your likeness? It's already your day, honey! You're getting married! How much more attention do you need? I feel a world of pity for her husband.

1/15/2008 10:58 PM  
Blogger JC said...

It really is a physical manifestation of a tremendous ego. I think the husband is going to be in for a rough time. And I know regular wedding cakes cost a fortune - I wonder what this one cost?

1/16/2008 9:58 PM  
Blogger 3HappyHippies said...

Okay so I have to comment on this because I am feeling some major pity for that groom. I mean at what point in this wedding planning did he agree to a life size cake resembling the bride to be. The road ahead of this man seem rather scary to me. Whats next...maybe the life size doll she always wanted next to him in bed?

Still laughing (the serious snorting kind) at the red velvet cake option. Holy Moses!

1/17/2008 8:31 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

wow...just......WOW. That is soooo creeptastic. I love the look on the guy's face when he is cutting the cake. Good stuff.

1/18/2008 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home