Friday, May 11, 2007

Photo Dump Friday, or Again With the Flowers?

There’s something I want to say before I get into the rest of this post (which is mostly pictures anyway). And there are a couple of reasons that I want to say it. The first one is that it doesn’t get said much around here. The second is that I think it’s important to be reminded of times like these, and I may need to look back at this at some point. And I’m well aware that this is a temporary condition (but when you really get down to it, what isn’t?). Hell, I could feel totally different tomorrow. And I’m not saying this to make anyone feel bad because things aren’t the same way for them, this is to help me.

Life is good right now.

OK, now that that’s out of the way, here’s what I was going to post originally. We have tons of purple thistles blooming around here, and I’ve been dying to get some photos. So I went out and started snapping thistle photos. I started noticing lots of other things out and about too, though. It was pretty amazing to see all the other types of flowers and whatnot that are out there right now. So I kept on snapping pictures, here are some of the highlights. (If there's no caption, I have no idea what the flower is)



Thistle

Thistle


Thistle




Thistle



Thistle



Evening primrose


I like the ant in this one


Firewheel or Indian Blanket















Indian paintbrush

Indian paintbrush

Indian paintbrush







Firewheel or Indian Blanket



Thistle





Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Life does have it's moments, doesn't it. Very glad to hear that you're having a moment :)

I love the ladybug on the fourth thistle picture. Such beautiful flowers. It's easy to forget that it's spring when living in a city. Concrete doesn't tend to bloom.

5/11/2007 1:40 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

those thistle photos are AWESOME!

5/11/2007 3:04 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

It's so nice that you are having a good run. It makes going through rough spots bearable.

I love the thistles. Good old thorn and thistle.

5/11/2007 4:05 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I'm happy for you JC, that life is good right now, always good to say it when you're feeling it.
Those thistle photos are brilliant.

5/11/2007 7:14 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

I'm glad that life is good for you right now!

And, the thistle pictures are really beautiful. I haven't seen anything like that in Maryland! What I call thistles are not pretty like that.

Your photography is fantastic!

5/11/2007 8:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you are doing well, its easy to get absorbed by the bad stuff, good for you for seeking out the good!

5/11/2007 9:59 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Those are gorgeous!!

The little white and yellow daisy-ish looking flower is fleabane and the pale periwinkle flower above the ladybug one is a pincushion flower. (I don't remember the "real" names, but those are the names I know for them.)

5/12/2007 1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dirty bird, um I mean bug.

5/14/2007 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home