Thursday, May 10, 2007

Critters or Varmints? You Be The Judge.

Here are some more photos from my trip. There are always lots of critters in the desert...

Curved bill thrasher


Ground squirrel


OK, he isn't wild, so sue me. This is my parents' dog. When you first let him outside, he likes to run all around the yard and clear it of any critters that might be around.

Flies are wild.



I'm just kinda like, hangin' out and stuff.


Does this fur make my tail look fat?

Is there anything good to eat around here?



I'm in ur yard eatin ur gras.



Being a bunny is hard work.


Goldfinches. Sung to the tune of "Goldfinger".


Dirty bird. This is a flicker. Not a flickr, a flicker.


Hey, you try wiping your beak on a branch and see how well you do.

Female ruby throated hummingbird. I was lucky to get this shot, I only saw one hummingbird on this trip, and it didn't stick around long.


Male Gambel's quail.


What are you lookin' at? I know you didn't just take my picture.







Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The hummingbird picture is amazing. I am concerned about the possible carnage left of the squirrel.

5/10/2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger JC said...

No carnage, it's one of the flowers like the one the hummingbird is feeding on, it's just out of focus!

5/10/2007 11:57 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

These are great pics!!! Love the hummingbird one!!! Those are really hard shots to get!

5/10/2007 12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the bunny! I want a bunny! Can I have a bunny for Christmas?! PLeezzzee????

5/10/2007 1:55 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

tell me more about the bunnies...george tell me about the bunnies

I still can't get over the hummingbird shot. I think it's next impossible to get a pic. Bravo!!

5/10/2007 2:50 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

holy cow. those are amazing. all those birds. i must say that the bird i have it in for right now is a mockingbird whose screeching is so annoying that i've given ian permission to kill it. but he thinks that means anything with wings. so i've got find a photo of one so he can only get rid of the bad bad bird.

5/10/2007 3:15 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love the critter photos. They made me wish that humans had more self descriptive names. I love "female ruby throated humingbird". Of course, I think descriptive names for lots of us would be disappointing at best. I think I'd be a "tall female straight hair."

5/10/2007 3:23 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

JC - Great looking critters! The hummingbird pic is my favorite. I also like the quail. Very beautiful.

5/10/2007 9:30 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Wow, that's a lot of varmints! Or critters. Whatever. "Does this fur make my tail look fat?" cracked me up! :-D

5/10/2007 10:46 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

Beautiful photos.

Btw, you've been tagged.

5/11/2007 12:25 AM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

awwww, beautiful photos! really amazing

5/11/2007 3:58 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I love the critters, especially the goldfinch and the hummingbird. Little rabbit foo foo looks like he's having fun.

5/11/2007 7:15 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

great rabbit shots there!

5/13/2007 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home