Thursday, October 19, 2006

Let's Talk Some TV

Wednesday night is my ne plus ultra of television. Here are some of my impressions from last night, and if you want to avoid any spoilage, then don't read this!

* America's Next Top Model - I feel like I'm losing IQ points every time I watch this show. I'm not sure I can hang with it long-term, for some reason I'm not enjoying it as much as I have past seasons. I was really surprised to see AJ go, has anyone else fallen so far, so fast? Those twins are an unholy mess, but they take great photos. And I can't stand "Melrose" (just like everyone else on the show), but she does a great job on photos and challenges.

* Lost - Damn I hate Charlie. I wanted that polar bear to eat him. He's just becoming uber-annoying, and I have enough annoying people in my real life. Let's keep them out of my TV life thank you very much. It's not like this show is scared to shoot and kill off major characters, so we can we please get a bullet for Charlie? Please?

* Project Runway -
Man, I thought Uli got robbed. She's super-boring as a personality, but I thought overall she had the best designs throughout the show, and her final collection was very good. Jeffrey? Mediocre. And I'm glad that petty, one-note bitch Laura didn't win. That shit she tried to pull on Jeffrey was BS. Go make some clothes for old ladies! And Michael? I was rooting for him during the course of the show, but he really finished off the season weakly and pretty much wet the bed with his final collection. He definitely has potential though. And I'm glad he got braces.

I will be checking out Top Chef now that that Runway is over.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I was really rooting for Michael on Project Runway.

10/19/2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

well, i rooted for Laura. her designs appealed to me the most. loved Michael, but not his BP collection. After Laura was auffed, I hoped for Uli. Mostly she bored me with her same designs, but then her BP show was really great. oh well. there's always more to watch on tv. i, too, am watching the top chef. and wishing i could taste everything, too!

10/20/2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I will admit that Jeffrey's jet set outfit was awesome. I didn't like his yellow dress that won one of the challenges. And I really didn't like his final collection.

As harsh as I was on Laura, she does make some nice stuff, but it's within such a narrow range. She really pissed me off with her attitude.

And as far as Top Model, I will offer up this defense - if I don't watch any bad TV, how will I know good TV when I see it? Lame, I know. :D

10/20/2006 1:51 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Can you believe he is dating Kate in real life? Like SERIOUSLY?! He's a freakin' HOBBIT for godssake. Sheesh.

10/25/2006 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home