Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Self Portrait Challenge - Imperfection 2



Imperfect Body Chemistry

These are the pills that I take every day. It’s a bit disconcerting to see them all in one place. I can’t wait to see how many I will have 20 years from now! Obviously I have some imperfection in my body chemistry to have to rely on these. What did people do before the advent of modern medicine? I guess they died is what. I suppose that’s one reason why life expectancies are higher than they used to be. It’s true that only 2 of these pills are for a condition that could potentially threaten my life, and it would take a long time for that to happen, so I could have it much worse.

I’m not a big fan of synthetic chemicals in my body, if there were natural alternatives to any of these I would want to switch. But for now, I guess it beats the alternative (although my liver is sitting next to me saying: “You sure about that, a**hole?”).

See more imperfections here.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Great shot! I sooo relate to this because mine won't all fit in my hand. Good luck and good health.

10/10/2006 7:16 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

That is a great picture and a great post. But it doesn't have to be an imperfection, does it? Can't it be another one of the thousands of challenges that we have to deal with on a constant basis? It's all about how you handle the challenge, isn't it? I am not entirely sure that made sense, but I did like your post very much.

10/10/2006 11:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aww, that's not so bad! Have you ever seen the amount of pills HIV+/cancer patients take? Question: Do you pop them all in your mouth and swallow, or take them individually? It used to amaze me that my dad would take them all at once....

10/11/2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I feel like I need to clarify a bit. In the grand scheme of my imperfections, this one is very minor. I'm actually blessed to have good health overall. So this is definitely not something that keeps me up at night! In fitting the theme of imperfection, I wanted something a little deeper than last week's picture, but maybe my post made it sound a lot heavier than I intended.

I'm no perfectionist. To be human is to be imperfect. And I'm OK with that.

But thanks for your feedback guys, I didn't mean to sound like Gloomy Gus.

And to answer your question Barbara, I take about half of these in one gulp, one half in the morning and one at night.

10/11/2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

What a terrific post!

I'd be in real trouble if I had to take those pills. I can't swallow pills to save my own life! I'm glad you can!

I take two medications daily for glaucoma. Thank heavens they are in the form of eyedrops!

Keep taking those meds! Hopefully a natural alternative will soon be available.

10/11/2006 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home