Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Anniversary Schmanniversary

I couldn't let today pass without noting that it's been exactly one year since I got shitcanned. And you know what? Good - that place sucked ass as well as sucked the life out of me. I won't go so far as to say it was the best thing that ever happened to me - the best would probably be if I still had the job that paid me twice as much as I make now and I was going to school. But I don't think it would have worked out that way. It's been one hell of a year, but I'm on track toward my goal of doing something that I will love. And that's worth something.

On another note, the new Beck disc dropped today. I've had the chance to listen to it for about a week, and it's good. If you won't take my word for it, it's getting some pretty decent reviews here. And check this out, it comes with stickers! Big fun for the kiddoes (or me)! And it also comes with a DVD that has videos for all the songs, including an appearance by the rapping bear on "1000BPM". What more could you ask for?






3 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

Happy Shit canning anniversary!!! As freaked out as I am - I guess I am better off than I was shaking and crying at my desk every day? That's no good for anyone - right?

I think knowing there are Beck bear videos out floating about is a much more positive thing to focus on. ALRIGHT!! I actually had no idea - I'm going to have to check it out!

10/04/2006 11:46 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

oh is that the new beck cd that was written up in wired last month? sounded like an interesting project. i love beck. old beck esp. some of the new beck....eh... you gonna se him in concert, too?

10/04/2006 12:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww, hope its been a good day for ya despite the anniversary!

10/04/2006 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home