Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday - With My Sister



This is me and my sister a long time ago. There used to be a park between Dallas and Fort Worth where you could drive through while animals roamed around. They had giraffes, zebras, and even rhinos (which absolutely blows my mind, seems like trouble just waiting to happen)! No apes except for what you see here. I'm actually glad that it's gone now, it doesn't seem right.
Seeing this picture reminds me of what a giant a-hole I was to my sister as we were growing up. I don't know if I was jealous that she came along or what, but I was so mean to her. Luckily we now get along great and it doesn't seem that she holds our past against me. As we got older I think we started to realize that once our parents are gone, all we'll have of our family is each other. We have the same warped sense of humor and appreciation of the absurd. Unfortunately my sister lives in North Carolina, so I only get to see her once or twice a year. Maybe someday we'll live closer to each other.

See more self portraits here.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Blogger took long enough to get comments thru, feh. I like this photo although I'm with you, I don't like big game animals (or any for that matter!) locked up in zoos, fairs, whatever you want to call it.

9/26/2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I think everyone is rotten to younger siblings at least part of the time when they are kids. (I sure was!) I'm glad you get along now though. (Again, me too. I adore my brother and sister now that we're all grown.) Fun photo!

9/26/2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Funny photo.

9/26/2006 12:56 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Great pic! The one drag about that location being gone is that you can't go back and do an updated version of the same picture!

9/26/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

What a cute pic!

Where in NC does your sister live? I'm only an hour from NC!

9/29/2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

The photo of you and your sister is great. I haven't been able to do SPC for weeks now and I miss it. I'm glad you are keeping up with it.

9/30/2006 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home