Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I've Been Tagged

Tish tagged me to answer these blog questions:

1) Are you happy/satisfied with your blog’s content and look? Content – Not really, I think it’s been kind of boring lately and it’s never been very focused. I’m OK with the look.

2) Does your family know about your blog?
No. I didn’t want to have to worry about offending anyone.

3) Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
I guess the answer is yes since I haven’t told any of my friends that I blog. I think most of my friends aren’t really into blog culture – none of them blog and I don’t think they read any either. There’s also a macho component, it’s not the type of thing that a guy tells his buddies that he does.

4) Did blogging cause positive changes in your thoughts?
I think sometimes it has helped my outlook when I vent, I think it’s a good way to release and get rid of negative thoughts. Other times I think it helps to clarify my thoughts if I put them down in writing.

5) Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you love to go and discover more by yourself?
I like to search for new blogs to read as well as the old favorites.

6) What does a visitor counter mean to you? Do you like having one on your blog? I’m a statcounter addict, but I think I’m getting better. In the past I’ve been sent into a funk or into a good mood by how many hits my page got. That’s really f’d up. I’ve realized that I care too much about what other people think about me, and that’s something I’m working on changing.

7) Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
I think I have seen pictures of all of the bloggers that I read.

8) Admit it. Do you think there is any real benefit in blogging?
Yes.

9) Do you think that blogger’s society is isolated from the real world or interaction with events?
No. Everyone I read blogs about events in their real lives.

10) Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it’s a normal thing?
Criticism annoys the hell out of me 9see my answer to #6). Luckily I haven’t received any criticism on my blog.

11) Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
I occasionally read some political blogs.

12) Were you shocked by the arrest of some bloggers? I didn’t hear about this.
I guess it would depend on what they were arrested for!

13) What do you think will happen to your blog after you die?
It will go to Blog Hell.

14) What song do you like to hear? What song would you like to link to on your blog?
Too many to list! Actually I would like to post some music here occasionally, but I need some pointers on how to do that.

15) The next “victims”?
I tag… nobody!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tish said...

Great job! Thanks for participating!

9/20/2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

This is actually one of the better MEMEs. Nice work! And I can help you post some things for sound (or at least explain why blogger sucks for that) :-)

9/21/2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I like this meme. Like you, most family and friends don't know about my blog and I like it that way. A friend told me she'd recently gotten interested in blogging (she's a writer) and I gave her 2 mommy blogs that I never comment on, there'd be no way she could link back to me. Which also tells you, I didn't admit the truth. Although now that I know she's out there lurking, I should make sure that some of the posts where I've talked about her, are deleted. Feh.

9/22/2006 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home