Sunday, August 27, 2006

Back to School (Again)

Today was the first day of school for the fall semester. I tell you, there's nothing like getting up early on a Sunday to go to school! Actually I'm kind of glad that I only have to use 2 days of vacation instead of 3. I have to go to campus for the next 2 days.

The prof seems about half-crazy, but mostly in a good way. She's one of those people who is set to 11 at all times, but I think she knows that, which makes it a bit more bearable. She has a reputation as a very good teacher. She even won some kind of teaching award last year.

I possibly got another indicator that maybe I'm in the right place - the class was filled with a lot of strange people. You know, the kind of people who ate lunch by themselves in junior high and then accidentally threw their retainer away. I fit right in.

Oh, and today the temperature didn't hit 100 for the first time in 19 straight days. How frickin' awesome is that?

3 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I'm SO glad to be here in BC, where the weather is nice and sunny but not humid! Good luck with your kindred spirits.....dude, I was SO the weirdo even though I pretended that I wasn't.

8/27/2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

School on a Sunday?? I have never heard of such a thing! It almost sounds illegal!

8/28/2006 12:54 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Fringes - I'm taking two classes - one is Information Access and Retrieval (basically learning about different reference sources like dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc.) and the other is Internet Applications for Information Professionals. The first class is the one I have to go to for 3 days. I's goin' to be a libarian.

8/28/2006 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home