Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Rock Me

Seeing a picture of these rocks made me think of these rocks:


I took this picture at a beach on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington in 1998. I had never seen a beach totally covered in rocks before. There was an amazing clacking sound that would happen every time a wave came in as the rocks clanked together.



I liked how the forest came right up to the edge of the beach.



This was taken not more than 20 yards from the previous photo, but it looks like it could be miles away.


This warning seems a lot more real to me now than it did at the time.

I have a couple of readers who live in the Pacific Northwest - lucky bastids. Anyone have a room to rent?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I used to live near Seattle...it was so beautiful, but far too rainy and gloomy for me. Then again, at the time I was a teenager so everything was pretty gloomy and depressing.

8/23/2006 10:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

By the way, love the pics, you really captured the area.

8/23/2006 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home