Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Tour of the Memphis Warehouse District Pt. 1

Now that I've posted about the Tom Waits show last weekend, it's time to post about some of the other stuff that happened. One of my friends that was in Memphis just got a camera exactly like mine about 2 weeks ago. He only started getting into photography about 6 months ago. So, he's really into that "must take pictures all the time" phase. I remember that phase well, and I think the purchase of the digital camera has brought some of that back for me. It was fun to have someone that enabled me to be a photo geek last weekend, sometimes I get a little self-conscious about taking my camera to different places.

My friend works in the construction industry and he's really interested in old buildings, so he wanted to walk around in this old warehouse district. I would have been a little more enthused about it if hadn't been so damn hot and humid. I got some nice pictures though. There are a bunch of old warehouses near downtown Memphis that are in the process of being turned into yuppified condos. And yes, it's true: my life really is this boring.





I like the way this one turned out, but I kind of wish I had shot it in color. I think it would look better, and I still would have been able to convert it to B&W.



Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I love old bricks....these photos are cool.

8/13/2006 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home