Friday, October 06, 2006

Artsy Fartsy, Part 1

My trip to Tulsa a few weeks ago was not all about the rawk. I love art museums, so on Saturday I went to the Philbrook Museum of Art. I know what you're thinking: Philbrook, isn't that the institution where Dustin Hoffman was in Rain Man?

Doctor: Ray, do you want to stay and live with Charlie?
Raymond: Yeah.
Doctor: Or do you want to go back to Philbrook?
Raymond: Yeah.
Doctor: Which is it? Go back to Philbrook or stay with Charlie Babbitt?
Raymond: Go back to Philbrook, stay with Charlie Babbitt.

Nope. That was Walbrook, silly.

Anyway, I've got a bunch of pictures so I will break them up into 2 posts. In this first post, we enjoy the outdoor aspects of Philbrook.


Hmm, the drought doesn't seem to be affecting this place.


I love the hibiscus.


I'm assuming that this is a sculpture of the Capitoline Wolf, but for some reason it's titled "Hippo".














I love this quote. It fits with my personality and it's a big reason why I want to be a librarian.


This squirrel sculpture was amazingly lifelike!





This reminds me of my house. OK, not really.


It's a nice modest little house...

Part 2, sometime.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger BJ said...

The pics are absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see the next batch. You do such fun things. Glad you're getting out and can't wait to see the next SPC.

10/06/2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love the photos. I just posted some of the Bushart gardens which are beautiful but it doesn make me wonder how much water they use keeping it all so green.

10/07/2006 12:56 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

Are you sure that squirrel isn't real? I think you're just pulling our legs. ;)

10/11/2006 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home