Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Taste Of My Own Medicine

I made it home OK, and the plane trips went about as smoothly as I could have wished for. No missed connections, no late arrivals. There was one thing about the trip from Phoenix to Dallas that struck me though. Normally I am the type of person who tries not to speak to the person next to me if at all possible. However, yesterday I noticed that the guy sitting next to me happened to have a ring from the same college that I went to. Most people that graduate from this college have these rings, and they are fairly distinctive. I thought it would be rude to not acknowledge it since he might have noticed my ring, so I struck up a conversation. We talked about our college sports team for a little bit, but it soon became apparent to me that this guy really wasn't in a chatting mood. I was actually a bit relieved. So, I went back to my CD and magazine. I'm not sure, but I think I may have been the only person in America yesterday who was listening to the Wu Tang Clan while reading Reader's Digest. I just thought it was very ironic that I was the person who actually tried to start a conversation and got resistance from someone else!

3 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I definitely think you were the only person in the air yesterday, listening to Wu Tang while reading Readers Digest. (=

5/29/2006 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

strange combination.

I read a comment you left for E on her blog and then see that Buffi is on your blogroll.

I have them both on my blogroll.


hmmmmmm

5/29/2006 4:50 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Anne - Yeah, we're supposed to have this friendly reputation! I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt, he said he had been travelling since 7AM, so maybe he was just really tired.

novaks - The blog world can be kind of small sometimes!

5/29/2006 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home