Friday, May 12, 2006

Odds and Ends

* The weather here yesterday was absolutely sublime. Sunny, temperature in the low 70s, a nice cool breeze (or I guess wind was more like it). I'll take it! It gave me the rare opportunity to have my windows open all day. With the windows open I noticed that there are a ton of birds in my backyard. There are scissor-tail flycatchers, cardinals, and mockingbirds. I could also hear a baby mockingbird out there somewhere. There was one unusual call that I couldn't identify because I couldn't see the bird, but I want to try and figure out what it was.

* I just wanted to mention something about the season finale of The Office last night. That moment between Jim and Pam, even though if you've seen the British version you totally knew it was coming sooner or later, was just amazing. It's stuff like this that elevates this show above the usual sitcom. It has heart! Odd that I like that considering I've complained about that aspect of Scrubs, but I think it's much more deftly done in The Office.

* Yesterday was my Dad's birthday, and he hit one of the milestones - the big 6-0. It freaks me out a little that I remember when my Dad was my age. I also keep thinking about how he has now lived longer than his father ever did - my grandfather died at age 59. I hope he will be around for many more years! Happy Birthday Dad!

3 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Happy birthday to your daddy!!

5/12/2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Happy birthday to your dad!!!

That's great that you have so much wildlife in your backyard - do you still have the jungle in the front? All I've noticed in my back "area" so far is a new flock of spiders!!

5/13/2006 9:33 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Yes, the front is still the jungle although I haven't noticed any 'flocks' of bugs lately and I pruned my tree a bit.

Only spiders? You live right next to a nature park!

5/16/2006 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home