Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Say What?

OK, so Buffi asked about the little wheelchair button next to the word verification. This thing:



I noticed this yesterday too on a couple of blogs, but I wasn't sure what it was. So today I clicked on it to see what would happen. When you click on it you get audio of a number that you can type in instead of the word verification string. I'm sorry, I don't get this. If you are blind and can't read the word verification string, how would you know where to click? And how would you read the blog in the first place? Maybe it's useful if you can't read English but can speak it? Or if you only know numbers, not letters? It strikes me as being like the Braille numbers on a drive-up ATM keypad. If you're blind, how did you drive up to the ATM?! Am I missing something here?

I'll post about my job interview later!

Oh, and Anne, I saw the first hummingbird of the season in my yard yesterday!

4 Comments:

Blogger buffi said...

I think that this will come in handy when the letters are just too wonky to read. Save me from going thru two or three letter combos until I get one right. Or maybe I just revealed a little too much about myself just now.

5/02/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I wouldn't know how you would be blogging period if you couldn't read.. but who knows!!

Technology!!

5/03/2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

It seems ridiculous and the graphic is retarded; if there's audio, why not an ear?

5/03/2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Good point Holli! That's kind of a "duh" on my part.

_______!

5/04/2006 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home