Monday, May 01, 2006

A Day Without Cavities

I went to the dentist this morning. I don't know what it is with me and health care professionals these days - it seems like I have been to the doctor a lot lately! I was glad to see that the dentist didn't stay home for A Day Without Immigrants. It wouldn't have made much sense anyway because he's not an immigrant, but I was glad not to have to reschedule. By the way, A Day Without Immigrants makes me think of a movie called A Day Without A Mexican. Haven't seen the movie, just heard the name (and after seeing the metacritic score I don't want to see it!). Anyway, everything went well - no cavities! And no getting jabbed in the gums with the metal scraper! I asked about the teeth grinding (which I don't think I'm doing anymore), and he suggested that I get the mouthguard that they create there that doesn't cause TMJ. I'm waiting to see how much insurance will cover on it before I decide for sure, but I'm thinking I should do it because I don't want to ruin my only set of teeth. I'm not quite ready for dentures yet!

I do have one bit of good news. I have a job interview tomorrow. It's not a dream job - it's a secretarial position. But it pays a lot better than Starbucks, has great benefits, and I could probably do the job and go to school at the same time. Now I'm just trying to figure how to answer when they ask why someone with an engineering degree would want to work as a secretary.

3 Comments:

Blogger buffi said...

Just tell em you're not geeky enough to be an engineer!

5/01/2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I guess you just tell them - hell, we know I don't have the answers anymore. FTM!!

5/01/2006 11:02 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

There's some statistic that says the average person has 2-3 different careers. Totally exceptable that you'd like a job that would allow you to go to school. Good luck!!

5/02/2006 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home