Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Panic Sets In

I'm not feeling all that great these days. My unemployment benefits run out next week, and it's really freaking me out. I think I have decided that it makes the most sense to try and get a 'real' job, and go to school part time. If I could take 6 hours per semester via night school or internet classes, it would take me 2 years to get my masters degree, which I don't think is too unreasonable. I am hoping that even if the job isn't the greatest, I can suck it up for 2 years! So, I have stepped up my job search a bit. I can tell that I'm stressed because I'm not sleeping all that well these days, and also because I have been walking a lot. When I'm freaked out, I tend to walk, I guess to try and get some of the nervous energy out and also because it helps me think. If I was a smoker that would be the point I would probably light one up instead of walking!

The panic is coming from the fact that I seem to have sent out tons and tons of resumes, with very little to show for it. Although I will say that I have gotten a couple of replies recently, although no interviews as of yet. Considering that I haven't had a haircut since this, I figured it was time to take care of that. I really like how it turned out. The stylist was pretty surprised at how much I wanted taken off, and she had to tell her next appointment to wait a few extra minutes because mine was taking so long! This sheep has been shorn!

Anyway, I am not ready to throw in the towel, I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I will turn this thing around.

2 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Hang in there, I know it will turn itself around. I think you've got a good plan; working and then going to school part-time. I hope something turns up really soon!

4/12/2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

You'll find something. Just remember TM. Sometimes it's better to wait for the right job. I know the right job is just around the corner.

4/13/2006 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home