Friday, March 31, 2006

TV Quick Hits

Here are a few observations/opinions about crap I've seen on TV lately:

* Remember that dream where a friend of mine hatched out of a giant egg? Well, I think it may have been my brain having a premonition of the Gatorade commercial where the guy hatches out of a giant basketball and gets rained on. Freakshow!
* I hate, hate, hate that commercial for the search engine where the people look like chimps. I won't even name the company that the commercial is advertising for because they don't deserve the publicity. This commercial is freaky-bad.
* I know I should hate the VW commercials with Peter Stormare, but you know what? I don't. I'm not sure why, I think the commercials are kind of stupid in general, but I laugh when he says 'it's time to un-pimp your auto' and 'V-dub, representing Deutschland'. I think it's just because his accent cracks me up, it always has. And for the record he's Swedish, not German.
* Basic Instinct 2? Really? C'mon! Is this going to be as big a piece of crap as I think it is?
* All right, so I've been watching Lost this season and I haven't really been blown away. I think I'm not alone in feeling like this, but I wasn't sure exactly what the problem was. But I think I know what part of the problem is now. Tonight on My Name is Earl, the guest star was the kid who plays Walt on Lost. Where the hell is Walt? Bring him back already, that kid was great! And for that matter, his father on Lost has been MIA for awhile now too. I really liked those 2 actors, the shows suffers for not having them on. And now I'm worried that Walt is not coming back because I noticed on IMDB that he's listed as a cast member for 2004-2005. Oops.
* You know those 'The More You Know' PSA spots that they air on NBC? For example, there's one with Donald Trump yelling at people to stop smoking. Well, the cast of The Office has done something brilliant and come up with some fake PSAs. You can view them here. I recommend at least viewing the one with Dwight talking about bears. They showed about three of them during the show tonight with no warning or indication that they were fake, which made them even funnier. One complaint: where the hell is Steve Carrell?!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

OMG - I HATE those monkey men commercials. So does my entire family!!!

And I agree, I'm getting such an annoying vibe off of Basic Instinct 2.. It irritates me every time I hear a promo on the radio for it. bleh.

3/31/2006 10:15 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I can't believe they've even made a Basic Instinct 2 but it seems like there is a sequel for everything, esp. movies that shouldn't.
I haven't been watching much TV lately that would have adult commercials. I can tell you ALL the toys currently advertised on Disney though!

3/31/2006 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home