Monday, March 20, 2006

A Visit From Mom and a Weird Dream

My mom is coming for a visit this week. She won't be here too long - she's getting here today and leaving on Thursday, but it will be good to see her. I still have to vacuum, but other than that the house is in pretty good shape. My parents lived in this area for 22 years, so they have a lot of friends here, so I think my mom will be spending some time with some of her friends too. I think mom is going to try and motivate me in my job search, but that's OK because I probably need it.

I did want to write about a weird dream I had recently. In the dream I was outside and there was this giant egg. The egg started moving around, something was about to hatch! Well, it turned out to be my friend James from college. James And The Giant Egg! It was very disturbing. I have no idea what on earth that means. I don't think he's gotten a new job recently or been 'reborn' in any other way. Although he and his wife did have a baby last year.

In the same dream I also dreamed that I was standing in line at a buffet. There was a big container of bread pudding on the buffet. There was a German lady in line behind me, and she tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if bread pudding was good for 'acid stomach'. I have no idea if bread pudding is good for 'acid stomach', so I told her it was 'mild'. I think she took that to mean yes.

Oddly enough, last night I had a dream that I was writing about my dreams for my blog. Does it get any more meta than that?!

5 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

Okay - that is such a weird dream I'm not even going to pretend that I know what it means.. other than - well, I'm not even going to guess.

However, I do like the shape of eggs!!

strange - my word verif is kanegg!!

3/20/2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I wish I was good at dream analysis.

3/21/2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger JC said...

OK, the 'kanegg' thing is kind of freaky!

Maybe it's good that no one here is good at dream analysis!

I'm thinking that bread pudding thing has something to do with anxiety over some stomach problems that I have had over the last year. I have no idea where the German lady came from. And it wasn't Heidi Klum!

3/22/2006 12:06 AM  
Blogger RB said...

I think sometimes people that you dream about are often standing in for other people. So maybe he just represented the person that you now feel closest to and are friends with. COuld be he represented you wanting a big change in your life, maybe to be like him? I don't know you-- just trying to help decipher? Or could just mean you had some bad food at dinner!

3/24/2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Mrs. Belle - that is an interesting interpretation that maybe I want to be like him. I will be going through a big change in my life because I will be getting a new job. I have always envied the job that James has because it's with a good company and he seems very well-suited for it. And I would like to have a family like him some day. Or maybe it was just the haggis I ate!

3/24/2006 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home