Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The JC Art Tour, Day 2: Prints and Photos

Welcome to the second day of my 'art tour'. Today you will be seeing some of my prints and photos.
I have kind of a palm tree motif in my guest bathroom (you can see a bit of the shower curtain to the right). My parents gave me this print the Christmas after I moved into my house specifically for this room. I love it because it was a surprise gift from them and because it is a lot more colorful than what I probably would have picked out on my own.

This is a very simple photo that my Dad took in the Smoky mountains while we were on vacation once. He got several of these mounted and framed and gave them as Christmas gifts to my sister, me, and my grandmother. It isn't something that I would necessarily say is a great photo, but there is something I really love about it. Maybe it's the feelings that it evokes of a memorable trip and the love behind the giving of it.

I bought this photo at a local art show a few years back. I just really love the creativeness of it and that it's of a local landmark in downtown Dallas. I really thought a shiny white frame would look great, and I ended up painting it myself.

These next two prints are on opposite sides of the window in my front bedroom. I first saw them at Target a little over a year ago and they were on clearance. Well, I got a little too fancy-pants with trying to let the price drop even lower, and I ended up missing out on them. I did a little sleuthing and found a place online that sold the same prints. The size of the prints from the online store ended up being a little larger, so that was good. I bought some simple black wood frames from Target to complete the look. The only downside is that the prints were a little skinnier than the standard frames, hence the white on the sides. But I still think they look pretty good.


This isn't really a print, but it isn't a painting either. I'm not sure exactly what you would call this, so I'm putting in this category. That's kind of a thatched fabric in the center of the matte. This is another Target clearance special from when they did that World Bazaar thing. I thought it was weird enough to be intriguing, and for $10 I couldn't resist. I kind of have a mixture of Asian and African stuff in this room, so I thought it would be a good fit (it's from Kenya).

2 Comments:

Blogger buffi said...

You are worse than me about the Target clearance sales!

I like that thatched thing. That's something I'd put in my house.

Sadly, there are NO pictures on the walls right now. We were only here for 12 months and we never got it done. After we get moved I will definitely be doing quickly!

3/14/2006 12:06 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Anne, you have great taste!

3/15/2006 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home