Monday, February 27, 2006

Lazy Weekend

The weekend got off to a pretty lazy start as it was raining on Saturday morning. I know that those of you with dogs or children (or both!) can't agree with me, but once again I love waking up to a good rain. It was a perfect day to stay in and laze about. And it rained a lot. 2.65 inches in my backyard according to the rain gage. We sure needed it!

Later on Saturday after the rain stopped I went for a walk around my neighborhood and did experience a couple of odd things. One was the guy playing his drumset in his garage with the door open. It was very loud. All I could think was thank God I don't live next to that, it would totally drive me batshit. I'm sure his neighbors could hear that inside their houses.

The other weird thing was that I heard this squawking sound as I passed another house. I looked up to the second story window to see 2 macaws looking out the window and raising a ruckus as someone pulled out of the driveway. All I could think of this time was thank God I don't live in that house! Maybe they only squawk like that when someone leaves, but you know it was loud if I could hear it out on the sidewalk! I do feel sorry for those beautiful birds being cooped up in cages like that.

I did squeeze in the last few hours of the Olympics this weekend, I'm sad to see them go but somewhat happy to get some of my evening time back! I'll do one last post on the Olympics tomorrow (or maybe later today?) It is supposed to get up to 80 degrees again here later this week. Blah. I guess I'll have to go back to running at night so I don't keel over from heat exhaustion.

5 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I remember when I used to have those lazy, rainy Sunday afternoons. I'd go to the bookstore and have coffee and read magazines.
My Sunday was spent at a morning concert by Dan Zanes, followed by a queer jewelry party hosted by a friend and it was politically correct for me to buy something (which I did) and then, watching my girl. Aren't you jealous??

2/27/2006 6:49 AM  
Blogger buffi said...

Oh, yeah, just rub it in about the warm weather. Karma's a bitch. We'll see how smug you are this summer!

Wait. Crap. I'll be down there this summer, too. *sigh*

2/27/2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

The thing about the birds made me feel like CRAP!!!

2/28/2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Me too, Holli.

2/28/2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Kiki - those things have their rewards too (except maybe for the jewelry party!).

Buffi - I actually wouldn't mind if it would stay a little cooler for a while longer!

2/28/2006 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home