Monday, February 13, 2006

Fun Weekend

The trip to the new Holliworld compound to see Holli and Faith (and Nate!) was a lot of fun. Some of the highlights:

* On Friday night Faith was sleeping on Holli's stomach when the time to take Nate out arrived. Since I didn't know where to take Nate Nate at the new place, we transferred Faith to my stomach with success. Usually she would wake up at this point, but this time she stayed asleep. It was so sweet.
* Sunday night I read 'The Hungry Little Caterpillar' to Faith while Holli walked Nate. That was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. I guess Faith liked it too, because when we would finish the book she would say 'More' and we would read it again. This happened about 10 times. She got pretty good at identifying the egg on the first page, and saying 'shaw-shedge' when I would point to the sausage, and pointing to the caterpillar and saying 'sick' (after the caterpillar has eaten all the food), and 'better' on the next page after he eats the leaf. I still love that book.
* On Saturday night we watched the Olympics with Nana, Poppy, and Ali. Poppy got us barbecue for dinner, which is one of my favorite foods, and there was even fried okra, which is on my top 5 foods list. I enjoy being around Nana and Poppy, they're very nice people. I thought it was funny when Ali asked me why I was wearing the same clothes that I wore the day before. I guess I thought it was funny because I wasn't wearing the same clothes as the day before, except for my shoes. I told her I was like a cartoon character who always wore the same clothes all the time. Not sure if she bought that.
* I picked up a potentially new and helpful personal habit. When it was revealed that in general I don't make a habit of washing my face with soap, Holli and Nana reacted as though I had just revealed that I was an axe murderer. After hearing the explanation that washing my face regularly will help keep my skin from aging prematurely, I decided to get on board and become a member of the face washing and moisturizing masses. How metrosexual! It probably helped bolster their case that both Holli and Nana are good examples of this theory in action.
* I got to watch my first episode of Dora the Explorer. Holli's not a big Dora fan, but Faith would not be denied. It's a good show to sing along and shake yer booty to. Backpack, backpack!
* It was fun getting to see Faith get her pictures made. She is a total natural around the camera. As soon as the photographer got over to the camera, Faith was busting out poses. She didn't want to smile at first, but she responded well to the toe-snatching shenanigans of the photographer. And she even handled an outfit change with no problem, it was like being backstage at a fashion show or something.
* I got to help hang a bed canopy and some decorative butterflies from the ceiling in Faith's room. Even though this was a pretty minor undertaking, it felt good to feel at least marginally useful. I don't get to feel useful very much these days.
* It was great to finally get caught up on Project Runway (at least until this Wednesday!) since I can't watch it at home. As a bonus I also got to catch an episode of 'Flavor of Love'!
* The Great Shower Caper of '06. Last night I was supposed to watch Faith while Holli took a shower. We were out on the couch looking at the caterpillar book, but as soon as Faith heard the shower start she wanted to be in there. She succeeded in getting the door to the bathroom open, whereupon she would run back and forth from the bathroom to the living room, identifying the person in each location: 'Mommy!' (bathroom, shower in progress), 'J_____!' (living room, powerless to stop the madness). I'm sure it made for a very relaxing shower!

A good time was had by all!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

It sounds like you had a great time. I love BBQ and Nana and Holli are right ~ moisturizer and washing your face will have you looking fresh-faced well into your doterage.

2/14/2006 6:44 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

You captured the weekend MUCH better than I did - FO SHO!!

First we tackle cleansing - then moisturizing.. next - the world!!!

Sausage!!

2/14/2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

So pleased for you that you got to go see Faith Holli and Nate Nate for the weekend.

2/14/2006 4:50 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

This is the sweetest post. Probably my favorite to date. I am so glad you have this bond with Holli and her family...(who I will now refer to as Holli and the Little People, aka Faith and Nate)...sorry, just got on the Little People boat!

xoxo

2/14/2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

FYI, just in case any of you Arrested Development fans don't have season I or II, Amazon was having a buy both for a somewhat lower price than their usual rip-off prices and I drunk internet shopped myself both!

2/15/2006 6:25 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Laughed my ass off at the drunk internet shoped comment!

I do that all the time!

xoxo

2/15/2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Crap - baylor's moving.. that freaked me out!!

2/15/2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger JC said...

It's amazing how much easier it is to write a post when something actually happens! My life is fairly uneventful these days.

2/15/2006 2:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I am playing catch up on your blog. I am happy to hear your trip to visit Holli and Faith was a success.

2/18/2006 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home