Tuesday, February 07, 2006

BS

This is going to be a rant, so if you're easily offended, come back later when I'm being (relatively) nice!

I think most of the time, I'm pretty much a live-and-let-live kind of guy. I'm fairly tolerant of a lot of things, and if I don't agree with someone I'll usually just keep my mouth shut rather than be an asshole. But I have to say, this whole Muslim reaction to those cartoons from Denmark is fucking bullshit. Is it within their rights to be offended by these cartoons? Absolutely. Is it within their rights to protest? Sure, knock yourself out. But burning down a fucking consulate? What the fuck is wrong with these people? Stop taking yourselves so fucking seriously.

3 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I watched The Situation last night on MSNBC (I know - you don't get that show) and they had the guy who quit his job because they wouldn't run the cartoons.. out of fear... fear because the cartoons would incite violence. It really enraged me that we're letting (I don't know how to categorize this) "that" control us to this extent!!!

Our cartoons were NOTHING like the ones other countries have run - good grief!! What ever happened to freedom of the press?? And I'm not even a big liberal!

2/08/2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

JC -

I'm with ya brother! I could on and on about this but I won't. You said it all.

2/08/2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

The whole situation with the muslims makes me mad. Towns here (UK) did not put christmas lights, tree and nativity layouts up/out because of fear of offending them.

We are supposed to be a Christian country but we seem to be spending millions so as not to offend others.

If we were to go to their country we would have to follow their rules and ways.

OK I'll get off of my box!!!

2/09/2006 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home