Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Incredible Shrinking JC

I'm losing weight. The first time I really noticed it was right after a weekend where I had an upset stomach and I hadn't eaten much, so I thought it was temporary. Now a month and a half later I don't think it was temporary. One of the first things my mom asked me when she saw me last week was whether I had lost some weight. My pants seem really baggy lately and I've gone down a belt notch.

At first I was a little freaked out because I couldn't really think of any good reason why I would have lost weight. I'm not exercising any more than I had been before. I haven't substantially changed what I eat. I don't think I have any health problems that would cause weight loss - I feel OK. After thinking about it a lot, I think it's just due to not eating as much as I did when I was working. I used to have a bowl of cereal every morning - I don't do that anymore. Also, I would be so ravenous when I would get home from work that I think I would tend to overeat. Right now I can eat whenever I want, so I guess I don't go as long without at least getting a snack if I need one. Grazing, as it were.

The funny thing is, I'm probably right where I need to be at this point. Whenever I used to calculate my BMI, I was pretty close to the upper limit of the 'normal' range. I've been wanting to lose about 10 pounds for the last 7 or 8 years, so I guess I'm there now. Although since I don't have a scale in my house (I used to always use the one at the gym), I am not sure exactly how much I've lost. Hey, maybe I could start up a new weight loss program. The 'Get Fired, Lose Weight' Program! Look for my book on Amazon soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

If you could write that book soon, I'd be much obliged!

3/30/2006 5:09 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Or remember my weight loss program? Work for a really mean bitch who makes you miserable? One who tells you you can't lose weight. That one works too!!

3/30/2006 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home