Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today was my mom's birthday. I knew if I asked her what she wanted she would say that she didn't really want anything. And she did. And I think she really meant it because she isn't very materialistic. I knew that I wanted to take her out to dinner and bake her a cake. I felt a little bad this morning when a flower arrangement from my sister arrived. But I did bake her a cake (sorry Anne, it was Duncan Hines! I would love to make a cake completely from scratch at some point but I don't know how yet!), but I thought it turned out pretty well. My mom went to lunch with a friend, and we actually ended up eating dinner over at their house because my mom wanted to see her friend's husband after he got home from work.

The main reason that my mom is in town is because one of her good friend's birthday is tomorrow. Her friend has apparently been a bit down in the dumps, and some of their mutual friends thought it would be fun to throw a surprise birthday party for her. She has no idea that my mother is in town. Hopefully they will all have a good time. I kind of feel like a parent whose child has come home from college and spends all their time visiting their friends!

I insisted on driving my mom around today because on the way from the airport we were talking about how she doesn't think she could handle driving in Dallas anymore after 7 years of living in a smaller town. She said it made her feel old though that I wouldn't let her drive. I tried to help out a little by telling her that it's also because I currently do not have collision insurance on my car (which is actually true), and I think that helped some. Ironically I almost got rear-ended on the way to pick her up from her friend's house tonight, and it was pretty much my fault (although the other guy was going a bit too fast I thought). Glad I didn't get in a wreck, I never would have lived that one down!

3 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I think you should write a whole post about the search engine story!!!

Actually, don't do that.. you'll just put us both higher up in that freaky search!!

3/22/2006 4:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Happy birthday to your mom. Now, tell about the search engine thing. I'm dying to know.

3/22/2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I think I am going to have to post about the search engine thing - it's just too funny/mortifying not to. I might be able to work it out so the search engines won't pick it up.

3/22/2006 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home