Monday, April 03, 2006

Knee Hurt

Maintaining the new, slimmer JC may have hit a snag. I have chondromalacia! Or to be less alarmist about it - runner's knee (sounds less alarming if not too original). While this is a self-diagnosis at this point, the symptoms seem to be pretty clear cut and I do run, although I do plan to go to the doctor to confirm this. Unfortunately from what I can tell, it looks like I may have to refrain from running for a few weeks.

I already sat out all of last week, and my knee still doesn't feel good. I've noticed that it really hurts when I kneel down, and apparently I'm supposed to bend my knee as little as possible. Neat trick, that. Even while just sitting around I'm supposed to keep my leg straight as much as possible. Supposedly there are some exercises that one can do to strengthen some of the muscles involved, so I'll be looking into that. Apparently swimming is something that one can safely do to keep in shape while rehabbing the knee, so I just need to find a pool and buy a Speedo and I'll be set!

5 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Please don't find a speedo, buy a new one. I'm hoping that you are kidding about the speedo and if you aren't, than I hope I didn't offend you....they really aren't my taste.As for your knee pain, you know what advice I'd give.

4/03/2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

No - no speedos. Good grief.

We're too young to be falling apart!!

4/03/2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Yes, I was kidding about the speedo. I was just thinking yesterday: "I wish Kiki was here with her needles!"

Amen, Holli!

4/03/2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Thank god you were kidding about the speedos, although you never know. We have these friends here that are quite nerdy and the woman thinks her husband is a metro-sexual, umm, no. He wears those 50's style speedos that a lot of gay men wear. Except this man isn't European, he isn't gay and he's not thin.....it's very disturbing to have him walk up to me at the pool with his t-shirt on and then it's bare below the hem! Gawh!
You know I'd be sticking you, if you were around. I'm like that.

4/04/2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Uh the speedo will be great with the lawn mowing goggles. I think you could swim in it and mow the lawn in it. I bet nobody would ever knock on your door unwanted. I hope your knee heals soon. I really understand how tough it is to have a knee problem.

4/05/2006 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home