Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Adventures in Plumbing: The Sequel

The second part of my plumbing adventure did not involve the toilet, as I suspected it might. Over the last couple of days my kitchen faucet developed a leak. I think it might have had something to do with a new water tower pretty close to my house that went online recently - there has been a huge increase in water pressure in the last 2 weeks. Great for the shower, not so great for faucets, hoses, and whatnot. Or, it may have just been time to replace it.

Anyway, fresh from my ass-kicking of the bathroom faucet, I decided to tackle the kitchen faucet today. It was a little bit of a different animal, since it is one of those kind with a handle instead of 2 knobs. It turned out to be a little more difficult than the previous job, as there were a lot more parts that gave me some issues when I tried to put them back together in the correct way. And unfortunately I have to report that there was blood involved. Mostly mine. OK, all mine. But it seems to be working fine now, so I can add that to my expertise list as well. I think Kiki may have been on to something, I should see if anyone in the neighborhood wants to pay me a couple of bucks to fix their leaky faucets!

On another note, the weather today was great. It's been so hot around here, more like summer than spring. But today it was overcast, and the afternoon high temperature only got up to 59! I've really become quite the hot-weather-wuss in my old age, so I was loving the weather today. It's probably our last shot at cool temperatures for a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I'm telling you, plumbers make great $$.....I also seem to know something about what plumbers look like when they are fixing things. No more ugly self-portrait pictures like yesterday. As funny as I think they are, I don't think I should represent so bald-faced. pfft.

4/26/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

It's been freezing here.

I'm with kiki.. maybe you should check out plumbing!

4/27/2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home