Monday, April 24, 2006

Far Out Space Nuts

As a child, I was very interested in astronomy. My dad had a telescope, and I would always beg him to set it up so I could look at the moon, or Saturn, or Jupiter. I even went to Space Camp (no, it was nothing like the movie, which starred the young Joaquin (née Leaf) Phoenix). In any case, I still have a tendency to stare up into the sky a lot. Last night I went for a walk just after it got dark. Just as I was about to get back home, I saw something that appeared to be an airplane except that it didn't have any flashing lights. I was guessing that this was the International Space Station, since I've gone outside to see it before and it looked a lot like what I was seeing. A quick check here confirmed that this was what I had seen. You click on the link for your state and town to see when the space station may be viewable. It's pretty bright, we have a fair amount of light pollution here and it's still very easy to see. Check it out!

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

Cool - I'll have to see if I can see.. but I'm guessing if you saw it already, it's too late for me.

But here in Zimbabwe, you never know.

4/25/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Let me know if you ever see it!

4/26/2006 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home