Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Trader JC

My mom has put me to work! Yesterday we planted a couple of cacti (kind of like bringing coals to Newcastle, but you plant what will grow around here) and a couple of other plants. Today I cleared brush in the front yard. Now I know what the President does when he goes to Crawford! Fortunately the weather cooperated and it was only about 88 degrees yesterday and 89 today - that's cool around here. I'm feeling pretty tired at the moment.

Today I made the trip to the one place that I almost always go when I'm out here - Trader Joe's. I think TJs is my favorite grocery store in the world, and we don't have them in Texas. Seeing as how my income is a little light right now, I didn't want to spend a lot, but I ended up with more stuff than I had planned. Unfortunately it looks like they quit selling the trail mix that was my favorite. I stocked up on coffee, black mango tea, black pepper cashews, and some of their Hawaiian style potato chips. I discovered chile-seasoned dried mango slices (surprisingly tasty). I also got some of their red curry sauce and a masala simmer sauce that I can't wait to try. Chicken Tikka Masala is one of my favorite Indian dishes. Today for lunch mom and I tried their Carrot Ginger soup. It was really good, almost tasted kind of pumpkin-y. Trader Joe's is kind of like my version of the Hundred Dollar Store!

3 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

i love those mango slices and the chili is the best mix with the almost too sweet mango taste. i love TJ's and am so pleased that they are all around incl. now in Manhattan!
I need to get my ass out to the garden and do some work....instead i sit here waiting for my neighbor to go have coffee, pfft.

5/24/2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

PS. I love your new avatar. You know how I feel about GOB

5/24/2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger JC said...

GOB is my favorite character, although I love Tobias too. GOB is just so smarmy and over-the-top, but he's also so eager to please, which makes him really funny. And I had to get Franklin in there!

5/25/2006 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home