Saturday, May 20, 2006

Go West Young Man

I guess my book-sorting skills aren't as good as I thought they were - I got a letter informing me that I did not get the library assistant job that I interviewed for a couple of weeks ago. Oh well, I wouldn't have taken it anyway since I got a full-time job.

I've discovered that having baby mockingbirds in your backyard isn't so cute if you want to sleep past 7AM. There are 3 of them back there, and they are pretty loud and squawk a lot! I have put in earplugs after being awakened early and have had pretty good luck falling back asleep.

I am leaving later today for a visit to see my parents in Arizona. I'm looking forward to the trip, it's been over a year since I've been out there. I think a change of scenery will be good for me right now. I'm trying to figure out how I can finagle a trip to Phoenix - they have In N Out Burger there! Unfortunately Phoenix is about 100 miles from where my parents live, and my parents aren't hip to the INO goodness, so they may not understand driving 100 miles for a hamburger. I'll try to post if I can get mom off of the computer and if I'm not too worn out from all the chores that it sounds like she's got lined up for me to do!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Have a great visit out West and I hope you get your In & Out!! That sounds naughty......

5/21/2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger buffi said...

Hopefully Mom & Dad's house will be baby mockingbird-free! Have a good visit!

5/21/2006 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home