Monday, May 22, 2006

Sweaty Eddie

I'm feeling a bit scattered at the moment - I think the 2 hour time change is still sinking in.

I knew I was with my parents when they turned on "A Prairie Home Companion" in the car on the way home from the airport. They have listened to this show religiously for over 20 years every Saturday night, and I have to say it is my kryptonite. It renders me completely powerless. I don't know what it is, but I can't stand that show! I think part of it is the large quotient of what I call 'Dad humor' on there, which is basically really bad jokes. Hmm, kind of like the one I posted the other day (but that one had a little more 'edge' to it). I managed to hide my inner panic though and keep my mouth shut. I'm conflicted about the upcoming PHC film. I heard it was really good and it's directed by Robert Altman, who has made some excellent films, but if it's too much like the radio show I think I'll gouge my eyes out.

I fear I'm going to be a bit of a Sweaty Eddie this week. My parents keep their thermostat at 78 degrees!! As Paris Hilton once said: "That's hot." My Dad said if it was too warm I could turn it down. Last night I felt guilty for wanting to turn it down, but now I'm thinking I may just take him up on that offer!

1 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

78 is like a warm pool.....maybe you should sleep in swim trunks! I heard of the movie, didn't realize it's based on a radio show but it didn't appeal even before I knew. I like your description of the show being kryptonite.

5/22/2006 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home