Friday, May 26, 2006

Please Pass The Lard

Well, part of my mother's diabolical plan has worked - it looks like I have gained about 5 pounds this week. I guess that's what a steady diet of potato chips, beer, trail mix, and chocolate chip cookies will do to a person. That's why I don't keep any of that stuff around my house. Except for the beer!

I decided not to go to Phoenix to go to In N Out burger. It just seems very wasteful in this age of $3 a gallon gas. Plus I'm lazy. And I learned that they are in the process of building one here, so next time I visit I will just have to drive a few miles!

Last night we went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants here. The food is totally different than the Tex Mex that I get at home. In Texas tamales are tiny, here they are huge. One of the specialties that they serve around here is carne seca - which is basically beef that is dried out in the sun and then mixed with tomatoes and spices. It is then served in tacos, enchiladas, burritos, or by itself. It rocks.

It's been kind of a strange week. Every other time I have been here I have been working, so I kind of took the time here to relax. Since I haven't been working in a while there was no need to decompress this time. I still didn't do much but at least I got to do nothing in another environment! I have some pictures I will post after I get home.

2 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

It sounds like it's been a good week and it's exactly why it's great when you live alone, to not have that tempting stuff around.
Safe travels home!!

5/26/2006 7:14 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Potato chips, trail mix, chocolate chip cookies and beer sounds like my diet. Carbs rule. BTW, like the new photo Joel, I mean JC.

5/28/2006 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home