Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Golf Ball

This may sound cheesy to some of you, but one of the sections in the "We Got Fired" book that I read had a passage that spoke to me and I thought I would share it with you:

"The first golf balls were smooth. An avid-but-broke golfer couldn't afford new ones. He picked up nicked balls he found littered on the course. The funny thing was he kept beating his well-heeled friends with their shiny new balls. Today's golf balls have 432 dimples. These "rough spots" enhance the ball's distance and accuracy. The rough spots in our life sharpen our performance."

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I like that!!!!

10/11/2005 5:54 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Who cares if it sounds cheesy. I like it and it makes sense. One of my favorites sayings is from the novel "Diary" and it is goes like this, "We have no scare to show for our happiness." The idea is that we are marked by all the significant events in our lives, both good and bad.

10/12/2005 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home