Friday, September 30, 2005

Limbo

The axe did not fall upon me today at work. However, I didn't have a meeting at all with my boss, so I'm not sure of my status at this point. I know this is a bad personality trait, but I hate conflict and try to avoid it at all costs, so often I stick my head in the sand and ignore things rather than confront them directly. I don't think in this case I will be able to do that indefinitely, the stress will be too much after a while. In what may be a positive development I was asked to fill out vacation plans for the rest of the year, which would seem to imply that I will be there the rest of the year. However, everyone was asked to do this and if I was left out it would have probably been awkward. At this point I am thinking it would be good to keep my job even if I really don't enjoy it that much. The best scenario would be to keep working so I can pay the bills, and work on finding my calling in my non-work time. If I want to be serious about this though I need to set aside time to really think about these things and investigate my options instead of watching so much damn TV and so many movies.

On the lighter side of life, I have a date with Mabel on Sunday. It has been five weeks since the last time I saw her! Seems like a really long time. The romance quotient will be quite low - we're going to check out IKEA (sounds like something married people do - Anne I'm looking at you!). In addition to that, my friend who set me up with Mabel will be there with her boyfriend. So, hopefully a fun afternoon of good 'ol American consumerism (with a Swedish twist) will be had by all. I'm just glad to be finally spending some more time with Mabel. I'm going to have to really try not to like something enough to want to buy it - with the job uncertainty I don't think dropping $800 on a couch is a good idea right now (and man do I need a new couch).

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm with anne, your IKEA date sounds fun.

I'm also with you on the job thing. I like my job a lot but don't get paid anywhere near enough money, so I'm working and taking classes but will have to start looking for something new soon.

10/01/2005 2:47 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I am so with you on the job thing.. however, I try to put off asking for vacation time (which, by the way - I LEGALLY GET) when my boss is happy with me.. sadly enough.. those times are few and far between.

I'm glad to hear about more Mabel! I still haven't gone to IKEA, I'm looking forward to it!

10/02/2005 6:29 PM  
Blogger cassy said...

Whoo hooo on seeing Mabel again. 5 weeks is too long, right?

10/04/2005 8:10 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Yeah, 5 weeks was too long. Hopefully it won't be such a long wait next time.

10/04/2005 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home