Saturday, September 24, 2005

Are Those Guys Still Alive?

Today when I went grocery shopping I noticed for the second time that they were playing uber-cheesy '80s music in the store. Today I heard such classics as Air Supply's 'The One That You Love' and Olivia Newton John's 'Physical'. Last week I heard the ultimate punch line courtesy of Wang Chung. That's right, 'Everybody Have Fun Tonight'. Come on everybody, you know the words - 'everybody have fun tonight....everybody wang chung tonight'.

The strange thing was that when I went to eat with my friend, the restaurant was playing songs from the same era. I heard Ratt(!) do 'Round and Round', and then there was Air Supply again! I can't remember the name of the song but it wasn't the one I heard earlier in the day. Obviously there is some kind of demographic being targeted here, but I'm not sure what it is yet.

And I did get to watch the modeling episode (otherwise known as The Prettiest Week of My Life) of 'Get a Life' today. Chris uses 'Sparkles' as his modeling name. I wish I could get some screen shots of this!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I think the Air Supply song you heard is "I'm all out of love". Why is they never play great 80's music like Prince, only the really lame ass love song stuff or the freaky Cinderella or Ratt type music? They should only be allowed to play Yellow, Ministry, Janes Addiction, Prince, or Depech Mode. Oh, or really old Michael Jackson like "PYT". Geez am I old or what?

9/25/2005 4:47 PM  
Blogger JC said...

It was "I'm All Out of Love"!

I can't wait for the day that they play Ministry in Kroger. Jane's Addiction's "Been Caught Stealing" would be perfect for the retail environment.

I saw Prince in concert last year. I'm not even that big of a fan, but that guy can put on a great show.

I've been seeing lots of VH1 classic while I've been on the treadmill at the gym. I haven't heard Styx (Mr. Roboto in particular) in years until then.

9/25/2005 5:08 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh man I forgot about Mr. Roboto. Ministry really needs to come to a grocery isle near you.

9/27/2005 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home