Thursday, September 15, 2005

I Guess That Makes Me a Complete Idiot

Today I finally decided to get serious about finding a new job, so I took a look at my resume. This thing needs some major work. I haven't updated it since 1999! The last time I looked for a job in 1998, I bought 'Resumes for Dummies', which I thought was pretty good. I gave that book to my Dad when it looked like he might lose his job (he ended up moving to keep it). Seeing as how they have probably updated that book quite a bit I decided to buy the latest version, so I went to the bookstore today. I ended up with 'The Complete Idiots Guide to the Perfect Resume' instead. Hopefully I can get the resume in decent shape soon.

I also wanted to find a book about discovering what it is that I really want to do. I think I have found three possibilities, which I will order from Amazon. These books may be total crap, but what have I got to lose? You can see them here, here, and here. It's kind of exciting to at least have the beginnings of a plan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

JC,
Congrats on being proactive. It's much more empowering to take matters into your own hands rather than just hating where you are at right now. You are a smarty.

9/15/2005 9:57 PM  
Blogger JC said...

It's so unlike me. I guess the brain tumor that's giving me all these headaches must be making me act erratically.

9/16/2005 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home