Thursday, September 08, 2005

Did I Mention Life Sucks Right Now?

Life's not going all that great for me at the moment. I think the job situation is deteriorating. I am one pissed off MF'er and everyone knows it. The tension between me and my boss is pretty thick. The gallows humor has begun, I introduced a guy from another part of the plant as my replacement yesterday. Some of the people totally thought I was serious there for a minute too. There's no doubt that I want to leave that place as soon as I can. I have found a couple of jobs to apply for, I just need to get my resume in order and send it in. I'm not sure how long I can keep showing up at my current job if they don't fire me in the next few days. I feel like I'm going to tell someone to fuck off pretty soon.

Things aren't going too great with Mabel either. At least that's something I'm used to. I sent her an email yesterday morning and so far no response. I know she's busy and all, but if you like someone you find a way to spend time with them. If she's playing hard to get, then she's barking up the wrong tree. I'm not very persistent, so I'm more likely to just lose interest if someone starts playing that game. Kind of reminds me of something I heard somewhere (but can't remember where): Some people play hard to get - I play hard to want.

I thought I was feeling OK with all of this shit earlier, but now after thinking about it I guess it's going to be one of those "I have my good moments and my bad moments" things. At least this ought to make for some bitter and rant-filled blogging. Woo-hoo! I guess I should put it in perspective, I could have had my house destroyed in a hurricane and I could be living in a shelter with about 20,000 other people. That would be worse.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

JC,
Sorry about the job. Just don't quit because you can't get unemployment that way, at least that's what everyone says. I hear you about the Mabel thing and you are right, it someone is in to you they find a way to take a minute and just say hi or whatever to let you know they are thinking of you. Kind of like I'm doing now. If she's playing hard to get then forget her because people who play games do so because they are to insecure to just ask for what they want. I'm hoping maybe she didn't see your email for some reason and I'm hoping you find an even better job soon. You rant all you want though. We all feel like it sometimes. Believe me, I know.

9/08/2005 10:26 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Michelle,

Thanks for the words of encouragement, it helps to have someone on your side! Good point on the unemployment thing, I've heard that before too but i had forgotten. I guess I'll just have to keep my hot-headed little mouth shut!

Mabel may have had a nervous breakdown, she seemed kind of like she was headed that way last time I saw her!

9/09/2005 9:45 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

JC,
Ditto to what Anne said.

9/09/2005 2:52 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks guys, you're like my little support group!

9/10/2005 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home