Monday, September 05, 2005

Rome Episode 2

If you don't want any spoilers for 'Rome', you may want to check out now...

OK, I'm starting to get into this show a little bit. The first one was a little overwhelming with all the characters with the hard-to-remember names and everything. This week things are starting to gel a little bit more. I loved the way they set up how Vorenus came home to his wife and freaked when he saw her with a little ankle biter. She claims it's his grandson, but then the big reveal at the end is the little guy suckling on her teat. I sense problems in that relationship. The head surgery scene was appropriately cringe worthy. Although, what is the deal with HBO and all these grossout scenes? This scene reminded me greatly of when Al was passing his kidney stone on Deadwood. I guess they have to give you something extra for the subscription price - nudity, cussing, and gore! You could definitely see it last week too, but that Atia is going to be trouble! I also enjoyed the Senate scenes, the gladiator scenes, and the scene where Titus Pullo gives the guy cheating at craps (OK I know it wasn't really craps) his comeuppance. For some reason though, I could have done without the 'When Harry Met Sally' scene. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. Then at the end you've got Caesar coming to kick some ass. This show definitely has potential.

p.s. If you need help with who's who, check out the HBO site here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home