Sunday, August 28, 2005

The Weekend

Well, I didn't get my wish for a relaxing weekend. Maybe I'm getting used to it, but being busy this weekend didn't seem to bother me me as much as it did the last two. Maybe because it is still better than being at work! And by the way, to all you moms, I don't know how you do it. I'm sure my 'busy' weekend would be like a weekend at Club Med for someone who has young children. My hat is off to you!

On Friday I went shopping for some new shirts after work. Seeing as how I usually don't make it past the first date, I haven't needed to upgrade my wardrobe in a while. I thought this would be a 20 minute experience, but it turned into more like an hour and fifteen minutes. Then it was home to mow the lawn!

On Saturday morning I went to see a movie called 'The Aristocrats'. Holy shit this was a funny movie. It's a documentary about a joke that all comedians know called The Aristocrats. The joke is basically an excuse to improvise heavily in a very crude fashion, and they interviewed many, many people who gave their interpretations of it. This movie is extremely crude, even more so than The 40 Year Old Virgin. In fact they gave me a warning to that effect as I bought my ticket and then told me that if I bought a ticket I couldn't get a refund if I found it offensive and walked out. Shit, that made me want to see it even more. An elderly couple snuck in about halfway through the film. They didn't last 10 minutes before walking out. Awesome!

Saturday afternoon was date #3 with Mabel. We meet at the tea equivalent of Starbuck's (Mabel doesn't like coffee), and chatted for a couple of hours and then had dinner. I think things are progressing pretty well. I was informed that I was neither irritating nor boring (facts my readers may dispute). She seems receptive to the idea of going out again. She had a very rough week with the start of school plus a bad week at work with lots of drama (been there too).

Apparently Mabel likes to say shocking things in a very matter of fact tone so that you think she's being serious. After informing her that I keep track of my DVD collection on a website, a fact that apparently she finds very dorky, she informed me that we could no longer go out as anything other than just friends. I think I must have turned an ashen color at that point. She came back to this several times. I have to admit she is pretty good at this bluffing thing. Now, as the date was winding down, I was getting increasingly nervous about how I could go about kissing her and also how I was unable to come up with a better alternative to her going home to study (which she hadn't done much of this week). So I was acting kind of freaked out, and I think she thought I was freaked out about her 'friends' statement. She did say right before she got in her car to drive off "You do know that I'm kidding, right?" Anyway, I was not able to seal the kissing deal so to speak, so it was hug time again. She did initiate it this time though. I will have to do a better job of planning a date that will end with a proper kissing atmosphere...

Today was pretty busy with a visit to Luke's Locker for running shoes. That was place was insanely crowded, but I did end up with a pair of shoes that felt pretty good, I can't wait to try them out. I also went to this coffeehouse that I had read about in the paper last week. It's a locally owned mom and pop type place where they roast the coffee beans in house. The owner was very friendly and helped me pick out a half pound to take home. He gave me a sample of the one that I ended up buying. I told him that I had seen the newspaper article, and he said that their business has doubled since that article.

So I guess that's it for the weekend, tomorrow it's back to hell!

p.s. More media enabling of my love of coffee!

5 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I don't like Mabel's sense of humor - because I read that thinking.. WHAT IN THE HELL??? I know people who keep excel files of their books on tape - and friends who date them succesfully!!

HMPH

8/29/2005 6:42 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt - she was very fidgety during dinner. Something about how caffeine makes her nervous. I think she was still pretty wound up over the week she had just had too. We'll see...

8/30/2005 9:01 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I am way into the coffee and the running shoes (if they're really for running). And, Mable has an awesome sense of humor. I myself like to throw out the MF cuss word in a deadpan tone. Sounds aweful but it's funny.

8/30/2005 9:36 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

okay - we'll see.. but i'm not into mean when it makes someone squirm for a long period of time. not cool AT ALL.

8/30/2005 10:34 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Michelle - the shoes are for running, but I checked out your blog and I'm a piker compared to you. I only run about 15 miles a week. I would like to run a marathon someday though.

8/31/2005 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home