Monday, August 22, 2005

The Last Six Feet Under

Holy shit. I just got done watching the last episode of Six Feet Under and I have to say that I thought it was pretty awesome. I don't think I could have asked for a better ending. I have to get up early tomorrow so I don't think I'm going to be able to say everything that I want to say about this final show tonight, but I want to say a few things. Don't read this if you don't want spoilers.

My heart was in my throat when the screen went to white right after the baby was born and her name flashed on the screen. Some other parts that were great: The conversation between Nate and Claire - "I was afraid all my life and look where it got me". Ted. Ruth and Brenda on the stairs. "We're family". The toast to Nate. And the ending. That ending hit me like a ton of bricks. I'll say it - I cried like a baby all during that last sequence. It was so hard to watch but it was so perfect for this show. And it freaked me out a little about how my joke prediction about the end of the show was kind of right on, from a certain point of view. Wow indeed.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

The conversation between Brenda and Ruth made me cry.. I wasn't expecting the Keith thing.. it all just left me speechless, but I just don't see how it could have ended any better. I just watched the end again because I missed a few things.. and cried all over again. I've got to stop - I don't have anymore contacts.

I know it's just tv.. but I think this is something that changed me.

8/22/2005 9:07 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

p.s. - i loved the appearance of everyone at everyone else's end.. beautiful.

8/22/2005 9:08 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I'm not ready to watch it again yet, I teared up just writing about it. I figured out the Keith thing when I read the name on the side of that armored car. I was thinking 'No!'

8/22/2005 9:14 PM  
Blogger JC said...

The manner in which Keith meets his demise...

8/23/2005 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home