Friday, August 19, 2005

Another TV Recommendation

Tonight Fox is showing a TV show that I highly recommend – Arrested Development. This show is hilarious. I’m not sure if the uninitiated can just jump right in and enjoy this, but it’s worth a shot. To some extent you have watch the shows in order and it really helps to know the characters, but there’s still a lot to enjoy. I had watched and enjoyed season 1 and then I bought the DVD set when it came out. It had been a while since I had watched the show and after the first couple of episodes I was thinking "Well, this is OK…", but I have to say that about 5 episodes in, I was totally back on board. There’s definitely a quality to this show where it just builds upon the jokes of previous shows until you end up with some really nice payoffs. The shows that are on tonight are reruns from season 2. The first one tonight is one of my favorites from season 2 – "Motherboy XXX"! The one that leads off the second hour is the one with Franklin the hand puppet and Tobias as "Mrs. Featherbottom". Folks, it just doesn't get any better than this. Check it out!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

Darnit - I watched (and bought) season 1 on dvd.. they postponed the release of season 2 until after season 3 will have started. will i ever get out of the weeds????

GAH!!

never nude

8/19/2005 6:04 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I noticed that season 2 comes out on DVD after 3 starts. Can you tape season 3 until you can catch up?

Never nude is pure comedy gold! I also enjoy "Hey Brother" and "No Touching!"

8/19/2005 6:29 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I can't believe you were at Aimee Mann too. That's so cool. I was so disappointed that she stayed out back to sign cds and I didn't know.. But I was there with Sto Sto and my friend, OKC David. Because I screwed up on time and then insisted we stay in line - we were the second people in line.. so if you passed us by I was with a blonde who was sighing - alot. :) OKC David didn't care.. he loves Aimee Mann and he's all about concerts. I hope she comes back soon. If she does - we'll make sure we meet up this time!!

Could you believe how rude the crowd was for the opening act?? OMG!!!

8/20/2005 11:02 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I didn't know she was going to hang around out back either. Did you see the posting on the messageboard? This guy got the set list and got it signed by the whole band:
http://www.aimeemann.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=3852

You're right about the opening act, I hate it when people talk at concerts. She was good, too!

I hope she doesn't wait 2 years between concerts this time!

8/20/2005 4:08 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Don't tell me that.. she wouldn't even sign my cd, which I politely set on the stage.. I'm still upset about it!!

Yes.. yes I know - she just hung out and chatted.. sigh. :(

8/21/2005 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home