Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Watch The Office!

Mabel clued me in to the fact that NBC is airing four episodes of their show "The Office" tonight. If you haven't seen this show, it's worth checking out. I was a little worried about it before it aired because I was a big fan of the original British version. The pilot episode has some similarities with the original version, but after that they did totally new stories. So, I guess it's kind of like a cousin to the original or something. In any case they did an excellent job of converting the humor to fit American tastes. I guess you could say they went from 'humour' to 'humor'. OK, bad joke. There were only six episodes done for season 1, and it got terrible ratings, but amazingly enough they renewed it for the upcoming television season. So, now's your chance to catch up on the first season. Also, for the Netflix inclined, they just released a DVD set of this first season yesterday.

In a side note, the creators of the original British 'Office' have a new show called 'Extras' that will be premiering on HBO on September 25th. I will definitely be checking that out.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger cassy said...

I loved the first season of Office. I'm so watching tonight! ;-)

8/17/2005 4:25 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Hmmmm.. Mabel is encouraging your television viewing, which means there has been more contact, which leads us to be positive.

Smile.

8/17/2005 6:49 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Wow, I have 2 readers! Welcome to the blog Cassy.

Holli, there has been contact via email that seemed very positive. I was planning to try and call her tonight, so I was going to see how that went before I posted.

8/17/2005 6:58 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Holli,

I called Mabel last night but she did not answer her phone. :(

8/18/2005 11:02 AM  
Blogger JC said...

f'in spam comments...

8/18/2005 12:19 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Well I didn't answer my phone either because I was grocery shopping and had a baby who put her hands in the toilet. You just never know what's going on in someone's world.. seriously!!!

8/18/2005 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home