Friday, August 19, 2005

The Story of My Life?

OK, here’s a mainstream movie I may have to see. I didn’t really know what to expect from ‘The 40 Year Old Virgin’, but it’s actually getting good reviews. It’s written and directed by the guy that created the ‘Freaks and Geeks’ television show, which I really enjoyed. He also created the TV show ‘Undeclared’, which I heard is good but have never seen. It stars Steve Carrell from ‘The Daily Show’ and the American version of ‘The Office’, who I think is pretty funny. Incidentally he was also in the film ‘Anchorman’, which I thought was not funny, but this new movie looks much better. One of the film critics that I really trust (because I frequently agree with him) wrote a glowing review, and checking out metacritic reveals a score of 71.

Man, I just hope this doesn’t hit too close to home for me. I guess I’m not 40 yet, and I’m not a virgin, but it’s been so long since I’ve had sex that I think I’m a ‘re-virgin’. So if you see the guy crying as he leaves the theater - that’s me!

UPDATE: Date #2 with Mabel has been booked and we are going to see this movie! I guess I'll have to hold in the tears. Now I know what you're thinking. This could be a terrible movie to take a date to, especially early on. However, based on what I know of Mabel, I think this is a perfect choice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home