Monday, September 05, 2005

Bad Idea Jeans

We have received a bit of a break in the humidity around here, and I thought last night when I stepped outside that it felt rather pleasant. So, I planned to go for a run through my neighborhood this morning since I don't have access to the treadmill at work today. This turned out to be a pretty bad idea. I didn't hit the road until about 9:30. I didn't think that it was that hot outside, but about halfway through my second lap, I started feeling it. I haven't had any problems covering 5 miles on the treadmill in the air conditioning, but I think I only went about 3 and half this morning, and some of that was walking. I was pretty shocked when I came home to check the temperature and it was only 80 degrees with a relative humidity of 42%. It seemed a lot hotter than that to me! I am a wuss! It's been about 2 months since I ran outside. I can't wait for the weather to cool down enough to run outside comfortably again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

JC,
I can totally relate. I have heard that in order to get an idea of how a run will feel, you add 20 degrees to the temperature since your body's core temperature heats up so much during running.

9/05/2005 5:23 PM  
Blogger JC said...

In my opinion a temperature in the 50s is ideal for running.

9/05/2005 7:06 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh yes even 60 is really nice. I don't even mind it here in the winter when it rains all the time because at least I don't feel like my lungs are melting.

9/05/2005 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home