Tuesday, September 13, 2005

'Tis The Season

I think I'm pretty much a woman in a lot of ways. That said, there's at least one area where I feel safely ensconced in my manhood - I love football season. The first weekend of just college football was good, but this past weekend when the NFL started up too was even better. I'm not sure what it is that I like about it so much. I enjoy poring over the stats - checking out the game totals to see who had the most rushing or passing yards. I like trying to predict who is going to win and why. I like seeing the strategies of the opposing coaches. I also can't help but feel that there is something primal going on, that I enjoy seeing people beat the shit out of each other for some reason that I can't fully explain (maybe it's a way to channel my own aggressions and frustrations that I can't express physically). I've noticed that I tend to feel a little better on the days after one of the teams that I root for wins than after days when they lose. Kind of sad, but it's true. Maybe it's the way that with the start of the season you get that feeling of a fresh start, a clean slate, that I enjoy. Whatever it is, sometimes you have to find the pleasures in life through something seemingly small or unimportant, and that's what I do with football.


No headache today! At least not of the physical variety. Maybe I'll live.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hmm, I like boxing so I understand the enjoying people getting the shit beat out of them thing. While I don't enjoy football, I really appreciate all the strategy that goes into it. Glad to hear your physical headaches have gone away. You may want to work on the whole being a woman thing though. Actually don't, we like you just like you are.

9/13/2005 10:16 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Physically I'm all man baby, but emotionally - total chick.

9/14/2005 5:16 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I think you're just fine. Although if I see you in drag at that concert - I will take this post a little more seriously.

9/14/2005 6:48 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

women don't have mullets.

wait - some do - i think i had one in junior high.

9/15/2005 3:16 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Women can definitely have mullets - I've seen a few myself.

9/15/2005 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home