Sunday, September 11, 2005

Wired

Today when I was going to eat lunch I did something that I usually don't do. I stopped to pick up a cup that was blowing down the street so I could put it in the trash. I was soon reminded why that's not always such a good idea - it was sticky with something like vegetable oil. Gross. You try to do a good deed and you get goop on your hand. Such is life sometimes.

I have had a couple of strange headaches the last 2 evenings, and I felt one coming on again this morning. I am prone to migraines, and one thing I have learned is that sometimes caffeine will help, so I loaded up on coffee today. I think I went a little overboard. I've been kind of jittery all afternoon, and kind of manic in my actions. I have been a whirlwind of activity with laundry and cleaning up and reading. No headache though! Of course I'll probably still be awake at 3AM.

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

JC,
As long as the voices don't start haunting you again, you should be okay. Of course, you could always have a beer to combat the effects of the coffee. Then water to counter the effects of both the beer and coffe and so the vicious cycle begins.

9/12/2005 12:16 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'm sorry you're getting headaches.. you know I can relate to that - I am a walking head on the verge of exploding at all times, thus me taking topamax every day to prevent it.

I'm trying to get caught up on Rome.. episode one down.. eh..

9/12/2005 6:53 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Michelle - The voices are always there, that part is nothing new ;)

I wanted a beer so badly last night, but I was worried that it would make me get a headache again so I passed. I started to come down from the coffee around 9PM and had no trouble sleeping.

Holli - thanks. You have to take that every day? Wow. I actually got another headache this afternoon, but Imitrex got rid of it. There's something going on, if I don't post again I've had an aneurysm...

I thought the second episode of Rome was better - stick with it.

9/12/2005 9:27 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Actually I'm glad to hear you got some sleep and I hope your headaches don't come back anytime soon. I figured the voices were constant but I didn't know the headaches were bad. You can't have an aneurysm or I will die of boredom if I can't read your blog and leave my pesky comments.

9/12/2005 11:17 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Yep - I take the topamax every single day.. and if I get a migraine anyway, then I take a relpax.. which actually works faster for me than imitrex.

btw - Aimee Mann is quickly turning into a blogging convention. So far in our crew - four in my sidebar (Baby Makena, Baby Rylee, Live today like it calls for a cake and me), not including you.. so we have to find you. I wonder what the Gypsy Tea Room's policy on camera's is?

okay - I will stick with Rome.

I hope you're feeling better.. if you don't post soon - well, I don't know how to actually find you - but I will have to call 9-1-1.

9/13/2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Sorry guys - I'm still here!

Holli - Wow, that's a lot of people. We should definitely meet up. I'm not sure what's going on with Mabel, but if she doesn't end up going I will have an extra ticket. You can probably get a camera phone in there, but I'm not sure about anything else.

9/13/2005 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home