Thursday, September 29, 2005

TV Quick Hits

It’s been a busy last week in the TV department. Lots of shows to watch! Here is a short breakdown of what I’ve seen so far:


Arrested Development – Great so far, although Buster has been pretty much absent. My favorite characters are Gob and Tobias, and there’s been some pretty good stuff with them. Watch it while you can, the ratings are pretty much sucking. It’s getting beat by 7th Heaven in the ratings. Ouch.


Curb Your Enthusiasm – The first episode of season 5 was classic Larry David. Larry gets a sandwich named after him at a deli, but the sandwich consists of whitefish and sable, so he tries to switch sandwiches with Ted Danson. Hilarious.


Extras – The first episode was very funny. This show looks like it has potential. There are only six episodes, so it won’t take up too much time.


My Name is Earl – The first 2 episodes were pretty funny, with the second being better than the first.


Rome 4 & 5 - These 2 episodes were better than episode 3. This is a solid show, but I can’t really say that I love it.


America’s Next Top Model - During the first episode I was thinking how embarrassed I was that I like this show, but during the second episode I found myself being totally sucked in again. A guilty pleasure.


The Office - Off to a good start. The second episode was surprisingly abrasive, but in a good way.


Nip/Tuck - I’m out. I can’t take the gross surgery scenes and the story line just doesn’t interest me anymore.


CSI - Mighty gross as well with the car trunk soup, but I’m still watching for now.


Lost and the Simpsons are still solid.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

okay - i'm too far behind on Rome, but I'm going to try and get caught this weekend on My Name is Earl, because I freaking LOVE Jason Lee..

as for Arrested Development - I have to mentally block everything you say because I'm waiting for season 2 to be released on DVD.

9/30/2005 2:19 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I'll try not to be too spoilerish on AD.

9/30/2005 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home